Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting
This frosting is the perfect complement to carrot cake. It is light and fluffy. The secret ingredient is the vanilla pudding - it helps the frosting hold its form.
1 8oz block of cream cheese at room temp
1 8oz container of mascarpone cheese
1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups COLD heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp of vanilla instant pudding
- Mix cream cheese and mascarpone together with a mixer on medium speed.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract
- Turn off mixer and sprinkle instant pudding over mixture
- With mixer on med-high, slowly pour in the cold heavy whipping cream
- Beat until stiff and will hold its shape